Sunday, September 12, 2010

Terrible

Want to hear what a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad mom I am (I guess to be fair, Mr. Howard would also have to be added in there).

About a week ago Mr. Howard and I were cooking. Connor was at our feet and when I went to open the oven, he bolted over and stuck his hand in there too. Both Mr. Howard and I gasped really loudly and shouted, "no." Connor took one look at us and burst into tears. It was difficult to tell whether he had burst into tears because we had thoroughly scared him or if he was in pain. We both picked him up and held him and looked all over his hand for a burn and saw none. He stopped crying pretty quickly, so we assumed that he had just gotten frightened.

Two days later I dropped him off at daycare (yes, for two whole days I cared for him and loved him and fed him and never noticed anything out of the ordinary...). I bet you can guess where this is going. Daycare pointed to the inside of his wrist where he had a horrible burn and blister (that both Mr. Howard and I missed for two whole days) and we were both shocked.

Poor little guy!! Shame on us! How on EARTH did we miss that?!?

2 comments:

courtney said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

you're fired!
;)
Don't be too hard on yourselves. We have ALL been there (even those who "claim" they haven't)

He didn't care enough to point it out to you either!

Nina Cordero said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Don't worry...just today Paul stuck his little fingers in a crack on the oven while I was cooking dinner, and I didn't see him do it! Needless to say, the screaming caught my attention and he has a lovely burn mark running across the tips of his fingers! Yicks! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...