Last Friday, Mr. Howard and I went on a date night (our first date night away from all three of the kiddos - becuase our last date night, Mr. Howard and I took the babies with us and dropped Connor off).
We themed our evening, The Night of Silliness!
And kicked it off with some very silly faces!
Especially my husband's silly face!
And our scrunched up kisses...
Okay it's time to be serious!
*Do you see Connor laughing in the background?*
Connor got dressed in his pajamas and with Monkey in hand, we were off to drop him off to his pizza party and movie night!
*He was still dancing around when we went to pick him up at 10pm. Wonder who he got that from?*
...which reminds me, we ought to have more dance parties in our household!
We went to Dave & Busters for a night of silliness. We just wanted to not be formal or do anything that might lend itself to falling asleep (honestly had we gone to a movie, I would FOR SURE have fallen asleep). You know, a lot has changed in our life. We've bought a house, had four kids, become career-folks, and fill in other boring adult things (not that having kids is boring...whew! It's the opposite of boring!). But we started dating in high school. And we have this fun, silly side that we don't get to show very often. We love asking each other silly questions. We like competing in games (P.S. because Mr. Howard is an honest man, if you ask him who won most of the games, he'll tell you it was me! He won't want to tell you because he is also a prideful man, but he'll have to tell you! Ask him!!). We love kissing. And talking! Ahhh talking....without worrying about which baby is crying or if Connor is going to throw his food to the dogs!
In keeping with our theme The Night of Silliness, I ordered a Purple People Eater, complete with purple sugar on the rim!
And because we were pretending we were in college, we ordered the most ridiculously fattening thing on the menu and we loved it: nachos! Talk about a throwback to college! *Also a throwback to college: being carded! Woo-hoo!*
Don't forget to ask Mr. Howard who won most of the games - even this one (yep! A car game....)
We really did have SUCH a fun night! I'm glad we opted for a Night of Silliness. We could all use a little more of that in our lives.
And we are for sure going to schedule a few more dance parties in Connor's honor, now that we know he is quite the party animal!
Things we learned:
(1) We still like each other
(2) Purple People Eaters when eaten very fast can cause one to be a little loopy
(3) While Mrs. Howard is a hater of motorcycles, she certainly loves the toy kind!
(4) Connor is a Dancing King - espcially at 10pm
(5) Being silly in front of your kids, inspires wide-eared grins and Monkeys on top of heads!
(6) Being an adult is boring...but being an adult on a date night is like being in high school again!
(7) Nachos are beyond delicious and despite the fact that they are the opposite of Weight Watchers approved, they inspire laughter and living - way more important than getting one's body in pre-pregnancy state!
(8) Despite our 11 years together (yep! You heard it...eleven stinking years!) we can still be just as silly as that first night we met at 17!
Mr. Howard, I more than love you. I adore you!