Thursday, October 4, 2012

Poor Aiden

On Sunday evening Aiden was chasing after Connor and totally took a face plant into our tile floor. Poor guy. I was at book club and got a text telling me it had happened. I asked if I needed to come home or if he needed me to call an advice nurse. But Mr. Howard said he was watching him for a concussion and he looked fine.

That night he slept really poorly - but it was hard to tell how much of it was because he was hurt and how much of it was because we were waking him up to make sure he didn't have a concussion.

In the morning, he was super happy. He ate his breakfast and smiled. So I took him into daycare. I figured he'd need a nap, but that all was good with him in terms of his head. But by 12:15pm, I got a phone call that he had a 103 fever. I called Kaiser to make sure that it wasn't related to his fall and Mr. Howard left work to go pick him up. Aiden got an appointment at 2:45 with our wonderful pediatrician.

His temperature at the doctor's office was 102.1F and his weight was exactly 20 lbs (wooo-hoooo maybe we can finally start the transition into big carseats!!). Our pediatrician looked at him and said he must have some sort of virus that's been going around (completely unrelated to his head bump).

I called in a sub for Tuesday and got lesson plans together so that I could snuggle with him all day. On Tuesday morning, Mr. Howard got all the kids ready for school and took them and we left Aiden in bed (we changed his diaper and brought him a new bottle). It was clear he still had a fever so we gave him some Tylenol too. At about 10:30 I texted Mr. Howard and asked if he thought I needed to go check on him because he still hadn't woken up. We agreed to let him sleep. At 11am I was a nervous nelly. He's never slept that long!!! I went in and opened the door, which woke him up. I layed him back down and he went out. I finally decided at noon that he needed to get up or he'd never sleep that night. When I was changing his diaper, I noticed that he had cut a molar and now I kinda wonder if that's what the diarrhea and fever was from?

We played for about an hour and a half. I tried to feed him lunch, but he wasn't super interested in it. At about 1:30pm, I put him back down for a nap and I finally woke him up at 4pm! Holy Moly. That's about 9 hours of naps!!!! But, when he woke up the second time, his fever was gone; he was in a fabulous mood; and he was ready to play!! We were only home for another 40 or so minutes, before we went and picked up the rest of the kids.
Wednesday he was much better. I took him to my mom's (my mom watches two of the kids once a week) and she said he did really well and was happy all day (no fever too!). None of the other kids have gotten it either - which makes me think it was, in fact the molar coming through?


Tesha said... Best Blogger Tips[Reply to comment]Best Blogger Templates

Oh what a rough coupel of days for the little guy. Glad he is doing better!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...