We finally decided (after agonizing and agonizing) to put our house up for sale. Of course, this meant we had a lot of little projects to finally finish:
- finish the hardwood floors and trim in the office and master bathroom;
- paint the trim;
- paint the master bathroom;
- paint one of the walls in our garage;
- put new wood chips out in the front yard;
- clean out the garage;
- take a few loads of stuff to the dump;
- clean the house and keep it clean for showings;
- have a Realtor come over to evaluate the house;
- have the realtor come over to photograph the house;
- AND start the process of looking for a home!
Are we crazy or what?!?
I was in the middle of writing this post this morning when my friend Diana and her daughter Sophia came over to play. So I took a little break. Since then, we've already got two showings booked for today and a realtor who is ready to put an offer in today. Whoa! In some ways I was really hoping this process would take a little while, so that I had time to wrap my mind around it and so that I could stay in this house a while longer. But in some ways, I hope this process goes quickly because it is hard to show a home AND live in it with three children three-years-old and younger. I'm just going to have to trust that things happen for a reason and whether it takes a while or goes quickly - that it's the way it's supposed to be. Deep breaths...in and out...in and out...