So, after I posted THIS about the mishap with staking the wrong floor plan on the lot, we heard back from our developer about what we could do. The superintendent decided that it was not possible to restake. So, we had no other choice but to move lots. Thankfully there was one lot available (holy moly, guys! ONE!!). If we had waited even a week to notice, we may have had to cancel altogether and not been able to build with them. Eeek.
While they did not give us any upgrades or anything (trust me, we tried!), they did honor their old prices, which is a pretty big deal - because it resulted in them having to credit us $25,000. So, the good news is that we will have instant equity in our home, if the ones next to us are being built and appraised for $25k more than what we paid.
We also got answers for why it happened. It was silly, but I kept wanting to know HOW it happened; I think I wanted some assurance that we knew what went wrong so we could make sure it didn't happen again. So, I got that. We know exactly how the other model got put on our lot, which gives me peace of mind.
The other good news is that we had originally chosen to build an 18ft driveway (that is what comes standard) and we changed it to 20 feet. It will take two feet out of our backyard, but since the hubby drives a truck, it seemed like it was worth it.
Okay, off to get ready to take the kids to preschool and interview another preschool/daycare. Wish me luck!