I'm linking up with In This Wonderful Life for Midweek Randoms
- This morning I did a post about the twins' second birthday party! I don't normally post twice in a day, so don't forget to check it out.
- Connor, Aiden, and Isabella's grandma has been here and we've been having so much fun! She has made the kids so many clothes and they have been wearing such adorable things that she has either sewn or appliqued (or both). Aren't these swimsuits ADORABLE?!? Connor has one too and I need to get a photo of him, but in the photo with the babies he decided to do a Michael Jackson-esque "grab a body party" move.
- Hubby and I haven't had much time to ourselves lately, because Connor's been going to bed later during the summer (sometimes 8:30-9:00). So one morning this week we woke up early, made coffee, and drank it in bed. It was our little mini-date.
- Connor started swimming lessons on Monday and he has been having SOOO much fun! I'm not kidding. It has been the best money we've ever spent. The class he is taking, on the first day, had a 1:1 teacher to student ratio in his age group. It was exactly like private swim lessons. He's now at the point where they're at a 1:2 ratio so he has one instructor with two kids in his group. He is going under the water for a good amount of time, practicing moving his arms, kicking his legs, putting his ears in the water, blowing bubbles, and so much more. It's so fun to watch him get excited. Every night and day he asks, "Do I get to go to swim today/tomorrow?!?
- My mother-in-law and I have been working on the playroom. We bought pillows, fabric and supplies to make the cushions, and fabric for curtains. We knocked out the cushions in an evening (we used THIS tutorial) and we're hoping to start the curtains soon. We decided to go with yellow and gray and I think it's going to be SO cute. We just need baskets, little yellow carpet squares for the reading corner, curtains and then it'll be mostly done (minus a few organization projects and some gifts that their Auntie is sending them).
- Connor's Grandma, Nana, and I are taking Connor to see Monsters University tomorrow. His very first movie he ever saw in theatre was Monsters Inc. (with Nana and Grandma) so it seemed only fitting that his second one be Monsters related. I am so excited because it'll be the first movie I've gone to with Connor. Hubby is watching the babies and then in the evening, Mr. Howard will take Connor to go see fireworks, while I stay home with the babies. I can't wait until we can all do those things as a family, but it's just too late for the babies to stay up.
- Hubby and I are celebrating our 6th wedding anniversary on July 14th, but that's the day we're doing Connor's birthday party, so we needed to find a different day to celebrate. We found a Sunset Canoe Ride we can go on a few days before our anniversary and I am so excited. My favorite anniversaries have been ones where we've done a fun activity. We've white-water rafted and done boat trips before, but we have never done a canoe ride. It's a three hour "tour" of a lake nearby. It starts early in the evening and goes up until the sun sets. How cute is that?!?
- Next week Mr. Howard is taking the whole week off as a Vacation Week and I'm SOO excited!!