I am linking up with In This Wonderful Life for Midweek Randoms
I don't know how many of you have tried blogging this way, but my random posts are the perfect ones to put all those random things I want to remember when I print out these books for the kids, but don't necessarily want to do a whole post about each one.
- Connor has been practicing his writing and he's getting so good at it. This is a picture from early last week. But since then, he has really perfected his name and doesn't even need me to write it for him to look at.
- My mother-in-law is visiting and brought all sorts of goodies for the kids. She embroidered these shirts for Aiden and Izzy. Ummm, hello adorable!
- Here's a dress she appliqued for Izzy. So adorable!!
- Last week, I had about 4 red, white, and blue outfits for the kids to wear - so I started the festive attire early. I picked out Aiden's shirt, but didn't really plan for them to coordinate so well. When I saw them together I realized they matched absolutely perfectly. I know I'm crazy with my coordinating outfits. Ha!
- I got super crazy on Saturday and made a schedule for the whole week - complete with meals, times of all our appointments, to-do's, a shopping list, and a plan to get some of those stinkin' boxes in our garage unpakced (because, clearly, my plan of waiting for the unpacking fairy to arrive is not working). I felt like my brain was jumbled with 20 million things and I didn't want to forget any of them. Hubby went to Costco last week (since his mom has a card) and we spent $400 in groceries, so I wanted to make sure I didn't let anything go bad and go to waste.
- Connor's party is this upcoming Sunday and I can't believe everything I need to get done. I usually am much more prepared than this, but I think the decorating and house planning has taken over and consumed my brain.
- I have finished two of my Technology Courses I'm taking this summer and earned A's in both of them. I still have two more to go and I was hoping to be done by mid-July. Yikes. Don't think that's going to happen. Oops.
- I tried a new church a few weekends ago and loved it. Absolutely loved it. But I'm going to try another one (or two, depending) that has multiple services at varying times on Saturday and Sunday. With Mr. Howard's work schedule, we need some options to choose from depending on his schedule that week. We're hoping to try another one this Saturday night. Please keep us in your prayers.
- We had some friends over for a grill-out dinner on Connor's birthday. Between our two families, we had a five-month-old, two two-year-olds, a 2.5-year-old, and two four-year-olds. Whoa. It was a LOT of fun...sprinkled in with a few tantrums and fighting. Even though we're doing a party in a week, we couldn't help but do a cake on his actual birthday. Ahhhh. FOUR-YEARS-OLD!!!
- After dinner, we walked to the park and the kids were so sweet. They were all holding hands. I couldn't get a picture of all five holding hands at once because someone kept letting go as I snapped the photo (the sidewalk wasn't wide enough). So adorable!!
- Mr. Howard is on vacation this week and I am SOOO happy to have him home with me. Every summer, I think "wouldn't it be nice to be married to a teacher and have summers off together?" We have a to-do list a mile along with fun stuff and house stuff to get done this week!
- And apparently I'm all turned around because today isn't Wednesday. It's Tuesday. Haha! I'm ridiculous!!