With three littles all in preschool, my husband working in retail, and me working in a school, we are exposed to lots of germs. My kids have always been very resilient (the one positive to being exposed to so many germs - is that you build up immunity). But alas, the germs caught up with us and we all went down one-by-one with the stomach flu (including Uncle Colin and Aunt Becca who we took down with us! Yikes!). It made for a crazy week of balancing working schedules, sick kids, and sick parents. But we are so lucky because it didn't last long! There's nothing like a little sickness to make you appreciate something we take for granted every day: our health!
I'm finally catching up on a few things we've been up to:
- A few weeks ago my parents asked us to meet them for breakfast at 8 in the morning. I am pretty sure Colin and Becca were less than thrilled about the early morning timing, but I was thrilled. 8am is the perfect time for the babies!
- ...You know you're addicted to coffee when...Your two-year-olds sit down at the restaurant table, breath a sigh of relief, grab coffee mugs, and say "ahhh coffee!" Haha!
- Isabella is obsessed with these little sandals and was SO thrilled to be wearing them out at the restaurant. Aunt Becca's glasses were the icing on the cake!
- I absolutely adore our speech therapist! Adore! She and I exchange all sorts of fun stories about teaching and working with kids/parents. The other day when I was driving, Isabella used three whole sentences and I couldn't help it, I texted her speech therapist!
- This CRACKED me up guys. Seriously. The kids did a project at preschool where they did firemen. Connor's and Izzy's looked pretty much the same:
And then Aiden's looked like this:
- My soon-to-be sister-in-law and brother have been planning their wedding! They have set a date, picked a location, and are working on signing the contract for the venue soon. Rebecca snapped this photo of Isabella browsing her aunt's wedding magazine and I need to hang on to it for her wedding day slideshow!
- My handsome littlest man has been so cuddly lately. I think I've mentioned this before, but Connor never cuddled me when he was a baby. He pretty much wouldn't cuddle us until he was three. So then we prayed for a cuddler. And God has such a great sense of humor that he gave us Miss Isabella Lynn - aka Miss Clingy McClingerson - who wants nothing BUT to cuddle. Ha! And so, I wasn't expecting Aiden to be a cuddler. But he is turning into one. Not all the time - but enough to make my Mama heart happy.
- I got this new necklace, below, and it's my absolute favorite. I wasn't sure I'd like it or if it'd feel lopsided, so I waited and now I'm wondering why I waited this long. I haven't been this excited about a piece of jewelry in a long time.
- Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and I am thrilled to eat and spend some time with my family! We haven't been the best at going over to my parents' house lately because the kids go to bed so early and it's hard in the evenings.