I'm linking up with Kelly's Korner Blog for Show Us Your Life: Date Ideas. If you're stopping by and you're new to the blog, let me tell you a little bit about myself! I met my husband 13 years ago when we were still in high school and have been married for five years. I am also a mama to four beautiful babies: an almost four-year-old, boy/girl almost two-year-old twins, and a beautiful angel in Heaven.
With three kids, we have to get really creative with our date nights, but we make it a priority. We live by the Nike motto: JUST DO IT.
The majority of our dates are at home dates after the kids go to bed. In fact, we make it a priority to do it at least once a week. And, honestly, our dates can be as simple as sitting by the fireplace and asking each other questions to ordering takeout and having picnics, fun drinks, and renting movies.
Here are some of the things we've done at home while the kids are in bed:
(1) Date by the fire. We used The Dating Divas Questions to ask each other.
- Lots of Sushi Dinners like THIS NIGHT
- The movie theatre
- Monterey Overnight Trip
- Our Local Comedy Club
- Local Basketball Game Date Night
- Game Night at Dave and Busters
- Massages, Lunch at Olive Garden, and a few Movies
- MAKE DATES A PRIORITY. I know, I know. You're busy. The kids need you. You have so much to do. No more excuses. The way I look at it: If I don't nurture my relationship NOW, I will not have a relationship to nurture LATER. This is probably the most important of all the things I've learned.
- Always put your "dates" on the calendar. If you plan them out, they'll be a priority and feel more special.
- Find the extraordinary in the ordinary (take a normal night on the couch and introduce something you don't normally do...champagne...some fun questions...or a picnic on the floor).
- Have fun.